Damage Prevention Specialist (Underground Utility Locator)
Vannguard seeks customer-oriented and motivated people who thrive under little supervision in an outside environment. We perform contract locating for utilities in Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, North Dakota, & South Dakota.
Classroom and field training provided.
- Above-average industry wages
- Health,Dental & Term-life Ins.
- Comprehensive 401(k)
- Tax-Saving Cafeteria Plan
- Company Vehicle
- Paid Training
- Minimal O/T – Substantial Paid O/T
- Paid Holidays
- Great Growth Environment
- EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer)
Advancements in technology and the deregulation of the utility industry have increased the number of underground facilities to epic proportions; thus, requiring highly-trained individuals to protect the growing number of these buried facilities.
Vannguard Utility Partners, Inc. is dedicated to providing detailed and on-going training throughout our employees’ careers of eliminating damages.
Employees will be trained in all aspects of total damage prevention:
- Mentored ride-a-longs (one-on-one training) before and after class.
- Vannguard Policies and Procedures.
- Locating Theory.
- Proper Equipment Usage.
- Techniques and Troubleshooting.
- Contractor, Customer and Homeowner Relations.
- Computer Training.
- Safety Awareness.
- Print Reading.
- One-Call Systems.
*Detailed training of gas, electric, water, telephone, fiber, CATV and sewer will be provided dependent on each territory’s requirements.